Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Banned Together

If you are a fan of Mike and Mike in the Morning on ESPN, you know that when they receive disagreeable e-mail comments they will "ban" people from the show for specific periods of time. There have been lifetime bans, month-long bans, and bans for only a day or two. I've decided to take a page from that playbook and "ban" some things of my own.

Lifetime ban to all cheesy furniture outlet commercials. Here in Western North Carolina, the offensive annoyance is Mattress Max. The people on television should not be permitted before the camera. Ever. And they think they are bloody Hi-Larious, with their geeky little promos. ("Mattress Max will save you mo-neeeeeeey!") Um, no. This is not indiginous only to this area, as everyplace I've ever lived had their very own version. (see: "Chuck's Furniture Mart" in Morgantown. You know where it is: "to the right, to the right, to the right of the Morgantown Mall.") Ugh. Go away low-budget, self-produced horrors of advertising. You. Are banned.

Lifetime ban to American Idol and any remnants from said show. I know my bitterness rises from the skeptacular Bo/Carrie finale, but really. I think we know now that the winner of this show is not necessarily the best singer from the group. (i.e. Jennifer Hudson, superstar loser.) So, can we put it to rest? It's on seventeen times a week, it sucks the energy from everything in its path, Randy hasn't given a sounder critique than, "Wow, dog, you are...wow, dog" since Season Two and Paula continues down the incoherent rabbithole in which she is queen of her own little world. To top it off, even I know about Sanjaya and that pathetic crying little tweener in the crowd - and I don't watch the darn thing! Enough already. This is what has created the horror known as The Jonas Brothers. (I don't need proof. I just know that's true.) You are banned, the lot of you. (You too, Jonases. Now, go away.)

Lifetime ban to the Octuplet Mom. Go home and take care of the FOURTEEN kids you now have through artificial means. You asked for those fertility treatments and obviously, that worked out. Right or wrong, I am so incredibly tired of hearing about her and her gaggle of offspring. I understand that these kids might lose in the end, but there are lots of kids out there born with the short straw. It's sad. Life isn't fair. This lady certainly did those kids a disservice and I'm truly sympathetic - for the kids. But can we let her fifteen minutes of fame expire? Please? Banned, I say!

Whoo. I feel better now that I got those things off my chest. So, everyone say it with me now: Banned Together!

4 comments:

Susan M. Bell said...

Oh, I could not agree with you more. Especially about the Jonas Brothers. Egads...they are so...I can't even think of a word. I saw them on the Barbara Walters Oscar interview show, and I still don't know how they rated being there. Only reason I can think of is the fact they have the power or Disney behind them. (Don't need talent when you've got the mouse. Just look at Hilary Duff and Miley Cyrus.)

And I'm tired of the the Rug & Home commercials on Channel 13 every morning. I'm sorry, but I just can't get excited about paying $1200 for a rug. A RUG!!! Jeez. And these people are just too happy about the whole thing.

Susan M. Bell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan M. Bell said...

I almost forgot: I swear if I hear one more thing about that INSANE woman in California...OctoMom (sounds like a comic book villain - picture a woman with 8 arms, etc), I think I'll choke the person who mentions her. I've avoided writing about her on my blog so far, and I plan on keeping it that way. We've established that the woman is nuts, the kids are going to have a hard life, now move on to other news and let the family or state agencies do whatever they are going to do.

Susan M. Bell said...

OK, I just read my last post, and it sounded like I was fussing about your blog having mentioned the OCTOMOM. That's not what I meant. I actually was trying to say I agree with you about her being banned. Sorry about that.

About Me

My photo
Steph's days are complete with little Franco/Mr. Buddy Pants, Pittsburgh Steelers football, Penguins hockey, all things WVU, cold beverages, new handbags, shoe-shopping, pups, and lots and lots of movies. And, of course, her glorious, nutty family.