Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes, In Fact, We Did!

The night is old or the day is young, however you wish to put it. I am rosy red with emotion and pride - all lovely elements in the wee hours of any morning, but more poignant somehow on this morning, historic in our blessed country.

My thoughts will likely be better put tomorrow or the next day, but right now, I must let out some of the joy which brims and bubbles not just under the surface but through it and over it, too. It's been a long road. I only imagine how those who have walked the path must feel, deep down in that place not blue or red on a map.

While I sat on the sidelines, breathless, they marched for a change in this nation, unprecedented in scope. It's not just the relief that I can't keep in, it's the hope which I forgot I had the chance to feel, forgot was still in me. It waited, patiently, for the chance to escape safely and lo, it appears to have arrived on a warm day in November.

The more insightful ideas will come, rampantly I am sure, in the next few days and weeks and months. Right now, my thoughts present in snippets and tears.

For tonight, I leave in full the text message from my best friend, with whom I've shared my passion and concern for the fate of our country:

"Thank god for obama! we can all stay in the country - who would have thought they would call it before midnight. back to bed good night!"

Indeed. Good night, good luck, and good bye!

1 comment:

Susan M. Bell said...

And a very good night it was. :-)

About Me

My photo
Steph's days are complete with little Franco/Mr. Buddy Pants, Pittsburgh Steelers football, Penguins hockey, all things WVU, cold beverages, new handbags, shoe-shopping, pups, and lots and lots of movies. And, of course, her glorious, nutty family.