Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Dog Days of Thanksgiving

This morning, I had to drop off my dogs at the kennel, where they will spend the next 5 days while I travel to the midwest. It's always a sad time because I would much prefer they be with me over this holiday time. However, no one wants that but me - they are not the most well-behaved pooches and you certainly can't just show up at the Thanksgiving dinner with a hyperactive 80 pound Chessie and a whiny, neurotic Beagle in tow.

No, that just is not acceptable. But I often think (and mention aloud to whoever will listen) that I could show up with some poorly behaved children and everyone would just have to deal with it and talk about me behind my back like any other self-respecting family. Yes, that is the difference when you've chosen canine kids over the more common human ones.

Oh well. Such is my life. And I would not trade it for anything in the world. It will be a happy reunion on Monday when we all come together in our happy home. While I am super excited for the holiday time and the family visit and shopping and laughter, I also can't wait to come back to my own little world here. That will also be a great feeling.

So, Happy Turkey Day - to both my peeps and my pups.

1 comment:

Susan M. Bell said...

Steph - I am starting a pet sitting business. You and I need to get together and talk. :)

About Me

My photo
Steph's days are complete with little Franco/Mr. Buddy Pants, Pittsburgh Steelers football, Penguins hockey, all things WVU, cold beverages, new handbags, shoe-shopping, pups, and lots and lots of movies. And, of course, her glorious, nutty family.