Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Think About It

Every so often I consider it a good idea to re-think that which I believe. Why do I adhere to this notion or that idea? For what purpose? Does it still work for me, or do I hold on for the sake of consistency, or easiness? Have I changed and grown as an individual, past and/or above my belief system?

Usually, I find myself making changes when I do this. Whether big or small, it's an integral part of our personal evolution. We don't just organically wake up one day to typify our authentic, true selves. It takes introspection, work, and often a good hard look into what lies behind our deeply-rooted thoughts.

Sometimes this scares the bejeezus out of me. I don't like looking past the obvious to focus on the issues underneath. It could potentially rattle my world and nobody wants that. But questions like this must be posed to keep me in constant self-analyzation. I don't wish to stand stagnant - I want to thrive.

If it all sounds a bit too hokey or like a bunch of hooey, that's okay too. Sometimes my thoughts are just that. But even those ridiculous notions tend to get me to a higher plane of thought eventually. It all keeps my brain churning on to the next revelation.

It could be bad to think too much, I suppose. But it sure beats the alternative.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Steph's days are complete with little Franco/Mr. Buddy Pants, Pittsburgh Steelers football, Penguins hockey, all things WVU, cold beverages, new handbags, shoe-shopping, pups, and lots and lots of movies. And, of course, her glorious, nutty family.