Thursday, October 16, 2008

Life's Loveliness

Sometimes life goes so fast and is filled with great excitement and I can't pause to reflect properly. Such is one of those times, apparantly, and you won't hear me complain. The past week and a half has been filled with both fun and insight. The highlights:

I spent one awesome, hot Sunday afternoon on a football field with thousands of my compadres to hear Barack Obama passionately lay out his plan for this country. At the end of his speech, amid the deafening noise, a flock of doves flew across the crisp blue sky and proud emotion overtook me. In that one moment, I truly felt filled with hope. The high has not subsided. (Later that evening, as if it couldn't get better, the Steelers thumped the Jaguars in surprising fashion. Let me tell you, I went to bed one happy camper that night, sunburn and all.)

Scott and Emma and Gracie and I renewed our fall tradition of a weekend at our West Virginia cabin surrounded by the brightest fall hues and smells of autumn. Though West Virginia takes its fair share of hits (some deserved, most definitely not) there is no better place to appreciate nature's glory - particularly at this time of year. Even the shacks along Tucker County's winding roads appear somewhat less sad when surrounded by red and orange brilliance. (To top it off, we listened to the struggling Mountaineers beat Syracuse at WVU's homecoming and our cheers might have been heard across those hills in Morgantown! Go Noel Devine, you little running man!)

Hopefully, these resounding memories will build upon themselves. In reality, I know life is not one beautiful scenario after another. Which makes it all the more lovely when you are handed some goodness.

Thanks, life. Thank you very much.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Steph's days are complete with little Franco/Mr. Buddy Pants, Pittsburgh Steelers football, Penguins hockey, all things WVU, cold beverages, new handbags, shoe-shopping, pups, and lots and lots of movies. And, of course, her glorious, nutty family.