Thursday, October 23, 2008

Deja What?

Since Halloween is near, I post the following. (Not my original idea, as you will soon find out...)

I began to write about my spooky experience with The Psychic. A few sentences in, I made a decision to save that idea and use it for tomorrow night's edition of Eve's Night Out, the women's writing bonanza I try so hard to attend each month.

So, I opened a new window to copy my already-started post and had a stronger-than-usual sense of deja vu - right down to what little Mike Greenberg blathered on about on "Mike and Mike in the Morning." Cooincidence? Maybe. But when it surrounds The Psychic story, one can not be sure.

My deja vu happens at least five times a week, no joke. It is a powerful phenomenon which I find so fascinating and exhilerating, I hope it never diminishes. (I am also quite creeped out by it, but my curiosity trumps my fear. Maybe in this case only.) It's happened several times as I've dealt one way or another with The Psychic story, so I've convinced myself there is an otherworldly connection.

I wish I could be dialed in with the supernatural, ala John Edward, to tap into these ideas and access the other layers of consciousness. I don't seem to have that gift. Sure, there are times I can predict the phone will ring and who will call and the like - but I chalk it up to energy forces and not true psychic ability, the same idea as those boardwalk beach ladies who overcharge you on vacation. True psychic visions are rare and beautiful to me and I will forever be in awe of those with such talent.

All I can do is repeat the personal glimpses I've had in my life. I feel blessed to have even that to share.

Scary? You bet. Worth it? Absolutely.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Steph's days are complete with little Franco/Mr. Buddy Pants, Pittsburgh Steelers football, Penguins hockey, all things WVU, cold beverages, new handbags, shoe-shopping, pups, and lots and lots of movies. And, of course, her glorious, nutty family.