Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Here's to Life!

In honor of this chilly day, I will sit here on my couch, cuddled with my pups, and reflect on some of the best things in life, right at this exact moment:

1. The aforementioned pups - my best friends, the best friends a girl could ask for...even when they drive me insane with stubborn antics. They have been a true constant in an otherwise topsy-turvy year, there beside me in both times of wild joy and deep heartache. Here's to you Emma and Gracie - what would I ever do without you?

2. The elusive, maybe-stray Beagle (dubbed "Hannah" by me) who is a carbon of our little Gracie. She has appeared randomly in yards adjacent ours and then, just 2 days ago, right in the middle of our driveway. Does she want to join our family? Has she been drawn to our home by some canine force? Does she belong to anyone? Whatever the answers, she fascinates me and I hope to get to know her better. Here's to a possible new playmate for the pooches!

3. Friends flocking to our doorstep to visit. After almost 2 years here in the south, some of my best human girlfriends have decided to descend upon us to bring updates from our "old home" and some serious girl-time. It has been a wonderul break and is truly appreciated. Here's to the trend continuing!

4. Penguins hockey, deep into the Spring/early Summer. How long can these "young Pens" continue without losing? Let's hope all the way to a Stanley Cup. What a better way to celebrate the franchise staying in place! It is a bit sad not to be close enough to the 'Burgh to share in the frenzied atmosphere of the city, but I hope my cheers of "Let's Go Pens!" resonate clearly. Here's to Sid the Kid and the rest of the talented up-and-comers!

Well, enough of all that. The pups and I will anticipate another visit from "Hannah" while looking forward to visitors and re-playing the best goals from this Pens/Rangers series on the TiVo - until it warms up enough to go outside and play!! Here's to a lovely life!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Steph's days are complete with little Franco/Mr. Buddy Pants, Pittsburgh Steelers football, Penguins hockey, all things WVU, cold beverages, new handbags, shoe-shopping, pups, and lots and lots of movies. And, of course, her glorious, nutty family.