Monday, May 16, 2011

Things I've Never Done (Though You Should Never Say "Never")

And I don't know if I ever will do any of these things, either. In fact, I don't even want to do some of them, even though it seems socially acceptable to desire otherwise.

**I have never, nor will I ever, participate in any of those numerous Facebook "challenges" - the photo-a-day thing, the 30-songs-in-30-days thing, the other 10,000 things I forget about. It isn't that I begrudge the people who do them. I kind of like seeing some of their choices. It's just that I myself am too lazy to stay focused on something which has no real purpose, yet takes me thinking about it every single day to accomplish.

**I have never watched the original "Terminator" movie all the way to the end. Weird? Probably. Do I regret this? Not really.

**I have never taken an honest history class. (I don't count anything that happened prior to my high school graduation, since I don't consider any of those meetings of individuals "honest classes" in anything...plus, I  truly never had a history class.) I do kind of feel bad about this. My college career was quite enlightening, but I just never needed to take a history class to round out my requirements. It's too bad, since I have an interest in history and would have enjoyed it a lot. I am not regretful enough to go back and do it at this point in my life, but still.

**I've never liked ketchup from the get-go. Not. One. Bit.

**Even though I really, really want to go, I've never been to Europe.

**Even though I really, really don't care one way or the other, I've never been on a cruise.

**I've never eaten Spam. I have sung the Monty Python song by the same name, but the food upon which it is based? It has not touched my list. And I'm fairly confident that, at this point, it never will.

Though one should probably never say "never." Though I just did. And I don't regret it, either. Not. One. Bit.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Steph's days are complete with little Franco/Mr. Buddy Pants, Pittsburgh Steelers football, Penguins hockey, all things WVU, cold beverages, new handbags, shoe-shopping, pups, and lots and lots of movies. And, of course, her glorious, nutty family.