Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Springtime

I used to believe, whole-heartedly, that no season could ever beat autumn as the best ever. Not only do I love the brilliant leaves and crisp,cool air and unique smells, but come on.  It trumpets in the best season of  them all: football season. It's like heaven, only you are alive and it definitely exists. (Except for this year, due to the NFL lockout, which I really. Can't. Talk. About. Right. Now.)

Lately, I have awoken to the bright blue sky and gorgeous green trees of springtime.  Maybe it's because here in North Carolina, as opposed to western PA or wild and wonderful WV, there is actually a real-life season known as spring - not just a few months on the calendar which claim to be so, while the view from the window looks a whole lot more like a slightly warmer winter with (mostly) rain instead of snow. The days are longer and not too hot, but never cold. The rain is usually brief and necessary. The sky is colored something other than gray. It is a marvel.

Sometimes, I think I may have learned to enjoy this time of year even more than the sexier choice: summer. All the life emerging from the wintery blanket of cold and ice is refreshing and wonderful. I feel like I'm emerging too - able to go outside, drink in the breeze and buds...at least until the allergies force me back inside.

Yes, I will always pine for autumn. But, at least now I can do so whilst taking in the majesty of what is around me in the meantime.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Steph's days are complete with little Franco/Mr. Buddy Pants, Pittsburgh Steelers football, Penguins hockey, all things WVU, cold beverages, new handbags, shoe-shopping, pups, and lots and lots of movies. And, of course, her glorious, nutty family.