Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year, New Energy

It's a new year, in case you were too drunk to remember Snooki falling down in that ball last Saturday morning about 12:00 midnight. That means that, though I refuse to resolve or vow any vague, pointless notions, I will put more energy into this blog.

I also will put more energy into various activities in my life, like my brand new business. Because, I have come to realize, if you happen to work for yourself and you don't, in fact, do any work, you will not, in fact, get a paycheck. This is a huge bummer and a blow to my normal work ethic, which has, to this point, been succinctly summed up as : "Just show up, keep your head down, get the work done as quickly as possible so you can goof off the rest of the time, collect those dollars, and go home."

This new idea for getting money is not fun. It is not refreshing. I guess there are good things about it, like the boss won't get on you for being late or waiting an extra five minutes because you wanted to hear the "Stone Cold Lead Pipe Locks" on Mike and Mike in the Morning, or not coming in at all. Of course, the boss also won't be able to pay you anything, either, so it's pretty much a lose-lose. On the bright side, I do get as many unpaid vacation days as I want and if I choose to sleep at my desk in a pool of my own slobber, no one will say a gosh-darn thing. (Not that I've tried that or anything. Honestly, I haven't...at least, not yet...)

There are some other changes on the horizon, like I plan to play less Bejeweled Blitz this year, I no longer plan to take the anti-anxiety drugs, and I have more activities to add to my repertoire. There might be more things, too, but if I show my hand now, then what would I write about in future blog posts? For now, we'll leave it at that.

I'll probably write my next blog post from my new office, just like I used to in the good old days. Of course, I won't be getting paid for it anymore. Depressing.

What is it "they" say about change? Oh yeah, it SUCKS!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Steph's days are complete with little Franco/Mr. Buddy Pants, Pittsburgh Steelers football, Penguins hockey, all things WVU, cold beverages, new handbags, shoe-shopping, pups, and lots and lots of movies. And, of course, her glorious, nutty family.