Monday, January 10, 2011

Heaps and Heaps of Crappin' Snow

We're snowed in again. I don't know how this happened. One reason we moved to NC was to (allegedly) get away from this kind of weather. That plan simply did not work out.

At least we can take solace in the fact that no one cares how lazy or unproductive you are here once the first snowflake falls...or even threatens to fall. (I've heard school cancelled because the forecast called for snow. I know. That's nuts...unless you are a kid in school, in which case, that's flippin' awesome!) Up north, if the snow didn't completely cover the top of your house, you had better get out there and go for it.

Now, all four of us in this family are holed up inside and left to our own devices. Those devices include a Chessie and Beagle curled up on the bed with me snoozing away while I watch ESPN First Take, and ol' Scotty P. downstairs catching up on a BBC television series. At least we are all safe and warm and happy, even if we will be broke by the end of winter, since we never work anymore. (Not that I'll complain about that loudly, in public, on the internet...)

So, I guess the crappin' snow can fall all day and into the night and we'll just continue our little experiment in family time together. It's fun, unless you ever want to leave your house for any reason, in which case it's depressing. But, the weather is that one constant about which we can do nothing except be left to its peril. And so I'll just sleep, watch movies, eat, drink, and be merry.

And someday, maybe, it will be spring. But I wouldn't bet on it.

1 comment:

Susan M. Bell said...

If you wanted to move south to get away from the snow, I wouldn't have picked the mountains. HA

We came up here partly for the mountains and also the changes in season. We thought we'd get the winter time with MAYBE a bit of snow here and there. Yeah...we got a bit for sure...

About Me

My photo
Steph's days are complete with little Franco/Mr. Buddy Pants, Pittsburgh Steelers football, Penguins hockey, all things WVU, cold beverages, new handbags, shoe-shopping, pups, and lots and lots of movies. And, of course, her glorious, nutty family.