Monday, May 17, 2010

Laughter Is the Best Medicine

Here are some things that made me laugh in the past few days - and goodness knows I do love a good chuckle. Laughter, and finding funny things anywhere, anytime, is one thing at which I am pretty darn good - it is my best friend!

**Re-watching "The Hangover" tonight. This always makes me laugh, no matter what, and so it is no surprise, but I thought it appropriate to begin the list.

**Looking at my pajamas, which happen to be covered in bumble bees and flowers, and making "Buuuzzzziiiinnnnnggggg" sounds while watching "The Hangover." Ol' Scotty thought that was humorous too, in a childish, silly sort of way.

**About 700 things at the first Parkway Playhouse rehearsal of "Annie" last night, none of which would be funny to a normal, mature adult - or anyone other than me and perhaps one or two other choice people. This is just the first of about 700 more rehearsals throughout the summer, all of which will be filled with laughter and hysterics. And I can't wait for that! I don't think there is any better laughter than that which occurs at Parkway!

**The finale of "Survivor" last night. Specifically, Sandra calling out Russell as she wore that tiara. Hilarious. I also supremely loved when Boston Rob said if he could do it over, he'd beat Russell's ass. Priceless...

**A beagle and a chessie. They didn't do anything out of the ordinary, which means there were their naturally rambunctious, hysterical selves. I especially loved Gracie sliding herself under our bed to her "hidey hole" when she saw me put sneakers on to take a walk. (See, she thinks she might have to go on a walk, something which makes her extremely anxious and insane - because she is neurotic and generally "special needs." But, as many who have met her have said, as she belongs to me, she gets it honestly.)

**Ol' Scotty making fun of my black Converse sneakers I wore yesterday. We both had a good guffaw after he pointed out that if I want to ever look older than 12, I might try not wearing those ridiculous shoes. (For the record, I love those shoes and will wear them to death. Plus, my wearing or not wearing them has no bearing on how old others think I am. It's still 12.)

Here's to another fun-filled day of snickers! Hope there are some in it for you, too!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Steph's days are complete with little Franco/Mr. Buddy Pants, Pittsburgh Steelers football, Penguins hockey, all things WVU, cold beverages, new handbags, shoe-shopping, pups, and lots and lots of movies. And, of course, her glorious, nutty family.