Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Mad About March Madness

January and February are pretty blah months, when you think about it. Even though I love the events during that time (The Super Bowl, The Oscars, etc.) the actual time of year is pretty depressed. It's cold, it's snowy, it's dark, it's dreary.

But, the past few days have been filled with sunshine and warm breezes and, though I've been super busy in my life, it fills me with an energy I desperately need. And to top it all off...

It's Selection Sunday this weekend, which means the NCAA March Madness is upon us! Yea! Something to look forward to each day and night, game upon game where you cheer for teams you may have never heard of before and get involved in the latest, greatest Cinderella team of the tournament. Which was sw-eeeeeet when that team happened to be WVU a few years ago. ("You've been Pittsnogled!")

I'm ready to get my brackets down to a science and I can't wait to see how things turn out. Things like this make odd bedfellows, as they say, when you find yourself rooting for schools and people you otherwise might detest, or ignore completely. As of now, Florida is one bubble team on the outs for the big dance and that alone is one early mark in my "win" column. We'll see what else comes to pass on Sunday evening.

Ahh, it's nice to have some big time sports competition to distract me from regular, real life. Time to cut down some nets!

1 comment:

Susan M. Bell said...

You watch basketball, too? Jeez.

The five question thing: I'm supposed to give you five questions of your own to answer. If you want to do it, I'll work some up and get them to you in the next day or so.

About Me

My photo
Steph's days are complete with little Franco/Mr. Buddy Pants, Pittsburgh Steelers football, Penguins hockey, all things WVU, cold beverages, new handbags, shoe-shopping, pups, and lots and lots of movies. And, of course, her glorious, nutty family.