Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Happy New Year 2014

Last last year, on the eve of 2013, I was going to write a whole blog post about my insightful, surprising discovery that I am Sammi and Scott is Ron from "Jersey Shore" - minus the spray tans, furniture-throwing, and fake hair. (And, in Scott's case, real hair.) That never actually happened because of my perfectionism and lack of time to get it perfect. But, at least now you know that I did indeed discover this and it helped me in my realistic expectation of my relationship during all of 2013.

Whew. I am glad I got that off my chest. Finally. It has been eating at me all last year. For 2014, we already have a few non-"Jersey Shore" things planned:

**We are taking a trip to New Orleans in a week. It is time for Franco to experience one of our favorite places in the country. He is an expert at tailgating in the WVU Blue Lot and so Bourbon Street will be no big deal. It will be fun to see the city post-Katrina, with a 2-year-old in tow. And by fun, I mean both fun and entirely different from the times I have been there in the past.

**We are planning on celebrating both the Steelers and the Mountaineers in their winning seasons. And this plan had better come to fruition or things are going to be seriously depressing around here in 9 months or so. I know we need some outside help over which we have zero control, but whatever. This is going to happen.

**We are going to make real, for true grown-up plans about our money and our futures. Over this we have a lot of control, which makes it scarier and less fun than the last plan. But, sometimes these things happen.

**I am going to turn 40. I sincerely can't wait. I have been so excited for this birthday for the last 5 years or so. I had big plans to visit Las Vegas for the celebration, but I think I might scale it down a bit. (See the previous plan about growing up and money.) I have loved being in my 30's, but it's exciting to think about the possibilities of a brand new decade, wide open ahead of me. I hope it does not let me down.

Until the next time I can steal a few minutes away to organize thoughts…I am done. For now. If you miss me at all, just go find some reruns of "Jersey Shore" and see if you can see what I meant last year!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Steph's days are complete with little Franco/Mr. Buddy Pants, Pittsburgh Steelers football, Penguins hockey, all things WVU, cold beverages, new handbags, shoe-shopping, pups, and lots and lots of movies. And, of course, her glorious, nutty family.