Thursday, April 8, 2010

What-sa Goin' On?

Since my last blog post, it has miraculously become summer from winter by the beginning of April, I snagged a snazzy new pair of brown clogs on a tremendous sale, and the Mountaineers got all the way to the Final Four in the NCAA tourney. (Some other stuff happened, too, but I try to hit the high points.) Ol' Scotty P. and I have made some pretty big decisions about our joint future - namely, a swimming pool would really be sweet right now and, unfortunately, a new Beagle puppy is not a wise addition to our little family.

In honor of this fresh new time of year, a renewed sense of dedication to this blog. I vow to do the following:

**I will play less Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook and use my time more sensibly. This will particularly make Scotty P. happy, since he firmly believes I spend roughly 75 percent of my time on this sparkly little computer game - when it's really a little less than that. We'll find a healthy compromise.

**Even though I receive almost 500 e-mails a day from Bluefly.com, I will not (repeat: WILL NOT) succomb to these discounted designer wares. I will not buy any beautiful Kate Spade heels or cashmere fingerless gloves or flowy Free People dresses, no matter how lovely those things may look together for some night on the town and no matter the special sales Bluefly claims are TODAY ONLY! My will-power will just have to defeat Bluefly's relentless temptation. Stay strong and breathe...and avoid Bluefly.com like it's a New England Patriots fan with the swine flu.

**I will work harder to write more regularly, since that usually helps to quell the other time-wasters. Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Britt Kaufmann said...

I should probably join you in the resolution to play Bejeweled Blitz less... It's just to say no to something I kick ass at.

And YES, you must write more... and return to ENO!

About Me

My photo
Steph's days are complete with little Franco/Mr. Buddy Pants, Pittsburgh Steelers football, Penguins hockey, all things WVU, cold beverages, new handbags, shoe-shopping, pups, and lots and lots of movies. And, of course, her glorious, nutty family.