Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Heal Yourselves!

Sometimes, in my over-contemplative nature, I wonder how it is exactly that we change - become one kind of person from another. These changes can be teeny-tiny or massive, but they are present everyday. It is hardly true that we put our minds to transformation into a new type of person - though, that can be true at times, like when I moved to college my freshman year and put my mind to turning into the type of person I always knew I was deep down inside.

More typically, the change sneaks up on you and whacks you on the head one day when you suddenly realize it's happened. I might be at "an age" where this is common (or it could just be me) but it seems to happen near-daily to me.

Over the past two years, things in my life changed quite a bit - the sorts of changes that are impossible to miss, no matter how many days you spend with your head under a pillow. The pace was furious for a while, and not in the good way people speak about in reference to new love or babies.

But lately, the changes are totally internal - my soul has shifted. I didn't know it happened, didn't feel any different at the time, but now, afterward, it feels I am a brand new individual. A metamorphasis occurred without my knowledge and here I am, the same but not.

And the strangest change of all? I like it. I am healthier. I'm not completely alien - I have the same interests and passions and loves as ever before. But my perspective is clearer. And I'll embrace it, for now.

Because I am sure the changes will continue. And when that happens, I'll be ready to be surprised all over again.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Steph's days are complete with little Franco/Mr. Buddy Pants, Pittsburgh Steelers football, Penguins hockey, all things WVU, cold beverages, new handbags, shoe-shopping, pups, and lots and lots of movies. And, of course, her glorious, nutty family.